The city is located in the department of Vaucluse of which it is the Sub-Prefecture . At an altitude of 102 m and extending over an area of 3 791 hectares, Carpentras has no less than 28 000 inhabitants. Capitale du Comtat Venaissin, located at the foot of the Mont Ventoux and Dentelles de Montmirail, Carpentras has always been a city Art and Culture, both modern and still imbued with its history.
The city has many monuments with remarkable architecture and we can discover all its terroir on its traditional markets.
- The country of Carpentras and Comtat Venaissin is classified Country of Art and History.
- The Cathedral of Saint-Siffrein.
- La Charité.
- La Porte d’Orange.
- The fair of the Saint Siffrein (27 November).
- The summer of Carpentras.
- Classified municipal library
- Friday Market
- Organic Market
- The big commercial sale
- Le Troc de Printemps
- Apér’Estivales, Night market of the art of wine
- Sunday afternoon antiques
- The St-Siffrein Fair
Site of Carpentras:
- tourist Office: City of Carpentras